No doubt you’ve carried out plenty of Google searches in your lifetime. It seems our Google search queries increase daily, we “Google” everything! Have you noticed that for many of the keywords you type in, some of the top results are often dominated by videos that appear on YouTube? This means that in most cases, you may find it to rank a video (if you properly SEO your videos) online than it is to try to get top rankings for your website. This is a significant opportunity that you can capitalize on right now. Have you checked out our Video Marketing webinar? Did you download our FREE “Video Marketing cheat sheets?
SEO Your Videos for Easier RankingResearch by our friends at ReelSEO reveals that the chance of getting a page 1 listing on Google increases by as much as 50 times if you upload a correctly SEO optimized video to YouTube. It often requires very little effort compared to standard SEO too. We’ve got firsthand experience (and RESULTS) of ranking a video on the first page of Google within 43-minutes. (The folks in legal made us say, Results not typical, eat a healthy dinner and stay in school – they’re crazy). Honestly, within just a couple of days and some decent well optimized videos, you could potentially be ranking at the top of searches for your keywords. This means that you could effectively be taking business AWAY from your competitors. Of course, if you want to be ranked up there as quickly as possible, then you are going to need to make sure that you optimize the video when you upload it. This is where Search Engine Optimization skills come into play.
SEO Video Optimization TipsWhen you upload a video to YouTube, you will have to fill in a number of boxes. The most important ones will be:
- Category: It is worth noting that the categories for YouTube are VERY general. Just try to choose one as close to your niche as possible.
- Video Title: This is fairly self-explanatory. You want a quick title that shows a little about what the content is about, while incorporating your keywords. It’s also a good idea to put your company’s phone number in the title; this way, it shows up right on the search results page.
- Keywords: These are obviously the search phrases that your target audience is likely to type in when searching for your type of business. These keywords will have an impact on how easy it is to find you, both through the YouTube search engine and the Google search engine. Try to include keywords (especially geo targeted) that you are already using in your SEO campaign, and maybe a few additional ones on top of this.
- Description: This is the most important box that you can fill in when trying to get your online videos ranked. Your description needs to really tell the viewer what your video is about. Keywords are vital here as they will help you get ranked quickly. In addition to this you need to have a link to your website; this will hopefully drive more traffic to it. There is a formula to this that we don’t time or space to elaborate on here.
- Geo-Targeting: Geo-targeting your videos can really help you hone in on consumers who live in your area.
BONUS Video TipsCheck out our Video Marketing webinar? Don’t forget to download our FREE “Video Marketing cheat sheets? Ads: If you have a bit of cash to spend then it is worth looking into promoting your YouTube videos through Google AdWords. You will then be able to ensure that only those in a specific area will be able to see it. This means you will not be spending money on promoting it to people who you have absolutely no chance of converting into customers. Remember; upload videos on a regular basis and always target different keywords. The more keywords you target and the more videos you have, the higher the chance of you dominating the first page of the search engines.
5 Ways to Apply This Information Now
- Record a video, publish on YouTube, embed on your website, SHARE your website page on your social media assets
- Download our Video Marketing Cheat Sheets
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
- Share this article on LinkedIn (or Your Favorite Social Media Site). Sharing quality content increases your visibility and credibility with your existing contacts, creating conversations and potentially new business.
- Leave a comment below. Let’s start a conversation about creating and managing your Video Marketing activities.