If you attended our Video Marketing webinar, you heard us preach (SORRY) that videos convert more compared to other content methods. You probably also heard us say over and over again that as an Entrepreneur and Business Owner you should consider having video on your website for this and other reasons. Here’s a quick recap:
First, don’t forget to download our Free “Video Marketing Cheat Sheets“
A Few Reasons why Videos Convert
- First and foremost; a video can help people easily and quickly understand how a product or service works. Some studies suggest that people’s understanding of a product increased by 74% when a video was involved. A better understanding of the product meant that they could make a much more informed decision when purchasing.
Remember, people will tend to interpret the text that you write in a number of different ways. There is no real way to know exactly what they will be thinking when they read through what you have written; that’s because what may mean one thing to you may mean something completely different to somebody else.
If you utilize a video, then you can demonstrate exactly how your product or service works. Equally as important you are in control of framing the reference! In just a couple of minutes of watching a video, people will walk away knowing what you are all about and how you can help them.
- In addition to this, another piece of research found that 90% of people found watching a video helpful in their purchase decision. As we mentioned before, people do not want to read through a lot of text. They want the key facts. They want to know what they are getting themselves into before they part with their cash.
Online videos will help make it clear for them. Online; trust and credibility are absolutely everything. Sure, people are less cautious than they were in the past when it comes to making a purchase, but they still want to know that they are actually purchasing from a ‘real company’. Remember, people do business with people.
- You only have a short amount of time in which to grab the attention of the online viewer (some say less than 8 seconds!). The quicker you get to the important information and help them decide that you’re a possible solution to what they’re searching for the better. Once you’ve gained their attention you can go to the next step and be afforded more of their attention!
There is no quicker method for getting your message across than with a video. If it is interesting and actually relevant to what people are interested in, then it is likely they will watch the whole thing. With text, you will be lucky if you can get them to read past the headline, let alone the first paragraph.
- Finally, if you are marketing your videos in the right way (this means placing them on other websites like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and others), then potential customers will even stumble across them. If they like what they see, it is likely they will carry out further research into your company. The more research they carry out, the more familiar they become with you, and the more likely they are to become a new paying customer.
Obviously there is (a lot) more to using Video to Market your business than this summary covers but you get the idea. If you or your business aren’t leveraging the reach, efficiency and POWER of Video in Your Marketing Efforts maybe we can help. Look at what the leaders and influencers in your industry are doing and create your custom plan(s).
4 Ways to Apply This Information Now
- Check out our Video Marketing Webinar.
- Download our Video Marketing Cheat Sheets.
- Read our blog post on how to SEO optimize your videos.
- Share this article on LinkedIn (or Your Favorite Social Media Site). Sharing quality content increases your visibility and credibility with your existing contacts, creating conversations and potentially new business.
- Leave a comment below. Let’s start a conversation about creating and managing your Video Marketing activities.