Your website is your digital storefront (a 24/7/365 marketing tool), and for many of your future customers, it’s the first connection they’ll have with your business. As a business owner, you depend on your website to present your ideas, products and services to the world. Website maintenance is a critical part of having a presence on the web today. WordPress websites are complex collections of software installations, themes, and plugins requiring periodic attention and tune-ups. And, just like the driver who neglects their car, the site owner who neglects their site will find it functioning poorly, crashing or even compromised by someone with malicious intent.
WordPress Maintenance Service
- Weekly Offsite Backups
- Weekly WordPress installation updates
- Weekly Theme updates
- Weekly Plugin updates
- Minor monthly content updates
- Website monitoring
“As the Director of Operations for a college prep charter school my days are extremely busy. The last thing I want to do (or even think about) is working on our website. With Musselwhite Consulting taking care of our website maintenance I don’t have to think or worry about this extra work, which allows me to concentrate more on the academic growth of each of my students.” – S. Chang, Baypoint Preparatory Academy – Director of Operations
Not sure if your WordPress site needs a website maintenance plan?
On average WordPress releases an update every 2 months. Themes and plugins can have weekly update requirements most of which are updates simply to fix bugs and security issues.
Benefits of WordPress Maintenance:
- Save the time effort and energy of doing updates on your own
- Avoid the hassle and frustration of making updates
- Stop worrying if your site is up to date
- Help prevent malicious attacks (they happen more often than you realize – see live map below)
- Improve website visitor experience
- Fix bugs
- Add features and functionality
- Monthly reporting
- Relax knowing your website is being monitored
Here’s what the General Manager of famous MMA gym had to say…
“As the General Manager of MMA superstar Dan Henderson’s gym I don’t have time, knowledge or expertise to take care of our website. The folks at Musselwhite Consulting have been maintaining our website for years without incident or hassle. I recommend them for this service and much more!” – R. McAllister, Dan Henderson’s Athletic Fitness Center – GM
Why update WordPress, themes and plugins
- Attract, engage and retain customers
- Provide search engines with a digital library (website) of potential search results 24/7/365
- Provide the public with information about your ideas, products and services
- Maintain search engine rankings
Today, the majority of purchase decisions (big or small, simple or complex) start with an online search and a well maintained website is critical to the success of most businesses regardless of industry or size of company (SOHO’s to Enterprise). It goes without saying “You want your website to be available and show up in those search results”.
Updates to WordPress core, plugins, and themes typically increase security by patching vulnerabilities and strengthening your website against malicious attacks. To reduce the risk of your site being hacked or compromised in some other way, update!
The owner of an IT company says…
“As the owner of a Information Technology and Services company my days are filled. The last thing I want to do (or even think about) is working on our website. With Musselwhite Consulting taking care of our website maintenance I don’t have to think or worry about this extra work.” – M. Holtz, Access1 – owner
We monitor your website’s availability and performance and are usually the first to know when your website is down.
Everyone with a website knows that, things can sometimes go wrong. Sometimes it is with the code, the server or the network….
We’re all about helping you to keep your websites up.
The software that we use isn’t loaded on your site and monitors your website(s) every 5 minutes and alerts us if your sites are down.
Want To Know How It Works?
Here are the step-by-step actions of we use to monitor websites:
- We check the status of your websites headers and get status codes like “200-ok”, “404-not found”, etc. every 5 minutes
- If the status code doesn’t indicate a problem, we are good
- If the status code is 400+ and 500+, then the site is not loading
- In order to make sure the site is down, we make several more checks in the next 30 seconds
- If the site is still down, it sends us an alert
Why You Should Outsource Your WordPress Maintenance
- You’ve got better things to do with your time unless you were hired as the company IT specialist. If that’s you give us a call we can probably help you too.
- It takes to much time! On average you’re likely to spend 5-10 hours a month performing updates, backups, etc…
- Reduce your frustration and live longer!
- Spending time tinkering on your website is not the highest and best use of your time! Wouldn’t you rather spend your resources directly on product development or relationship building or whatever it is that makes your company tick?