There’s no denying it. Video marketing has dramatically changed the way businesses of all sizes approach their digital marketing strategies. That is, video marketing has drastically changed the way companies that want to remain relevant and competitive in today’s connected business environment develop and implement their respective digital marketing strategies.
If your digital marketing strategy doesn’t include video marketing, you’re missing out on opportunities to do many things, such as increase sales, brand awareness and loyalty. If you don’t adjust your marketing strategy now, you will continue to miss out on these valuable opportunities in the years ahead. And you’re taking a chance that your business will become obsolete not decades from now, but merely years from now.
If you doubt that your refusal to use video marketing can impact your organization’s ability to survive let alone compete in the short- and long-term, consider the following. By 2021, there will be 1.9 billion Internet video users, which is an increase from the 1.5 billion reported in 2016. By 2021, people located throughout the world will consume three trillion minutes of video online per month. That’s the equivalent of five million years of video every single month.
In 2016, videos accounted for 67 percent of aggregate Internet traffic. By 2021, that figure will increase to a whopping 80 percent.
Now do you see how important video marketing is to your company’s present and future? If you’re still unconvinced, there’s plenty of evidence that should be sufficient to change the way you think about video marketing.
Video Appeals to Mobile Users
- 90% of consumers watch videos on their mobile devices
- With Google now owning YouTube and Google adopting a mobile-first index, videos have gained in importance when it comes to where your website will appear in search engine results pages
- Since the third quarter of 2013, video views on mobile devices have increased more than 233%
- According to YouTube, mobile video views increase 100 percent from one year to the next
- With the number of smartphone users continuing to grow, the audience for your videos will continue to increase in kind
- Google reports that people who use a smartphone to watch a video are twice as likely to feel a personal connection to the brand that produced the video compared to television viewers. Smartphone users are also 1.4 times more likely to feel a personal connection to a brand that produced a video they watched on their mobile phones compared to desktop users
- 50% of YouTube’s global video views occur on mobile devices
- Millennials are 200 percent more likely to remain focused watching a video on a mobile device than they are while viewing the same video on television
- People who watch videos on their smartphones are 1.8 times more likely to share the content compared to desktop users
- Individuals who watch videos on their smartphones are 1.6 times more likely to discuss the videos they see compared to people who watch them on TV
Video Ads Score High Click-Through Rates
- With an average click-through rate of 1.84%, video advertisements have the highest click-through rate of any digital format
- For 15-second ads that can be skipped on YouTube, the click-through rate is 9%. For a non-skippable YouTube video ad that’s just 15 seconds in length, the click-through rate is an impressive 92%
- For non-skippable video ads on YouTube that are 16 – 30 seconds and longer than 30 seconds, the completion rate is 94% and 96%, respectively. The respective click-through rates for skippable ads of the same lengths are 12% and 14%
Video Marketing: One of the Pillars of Effective Digital Marketing
While the statistics provided above certainly demonstrate the importance of video marketing, the activity is just one of the pillars that should be part of our overall digital marketing. In total, there are seven foundational pillars that should support your comprehensive online marketing efforts.
In addition to video marketing, here are the pillars that should be included in your digital marketing:
- Online Ads
- Social Media
- Reviews and Testimonials
Although some marketers focus on just one or only a few of the pillars mentioned above, it’s important for each and every one of them to be part of your overall digital marketing. To understand why, it’s helpful to look at your digital marketing as a table that’s supported equally by seven legs. If you remove one of those legs, would your table still stand and support everything on top of it? In other words, without one of its legs, would your table still do the things you want and need it to do?
If it’s missing a leg, your table may continue to stand, but it won’t be as stable as it could be. Similarly, if your marketing plan is missing a pillar, it won’t be as effective as it could be otherwise.
Musselwhite Marketing: Your Video and Digital Marketing Partner
As statistic after statistic show, video marketing is an absolute must for small and midsize businesses across industries. Of course, you’ll only enjoy the benefits of video marketing when you choose a partner that understands your goals and can help you achieve them with videos that are meaningful to your target audience.
When you work with Musselwhite Marketing, you’ll enjoy having a partner that’s fully invested in the success of your business. Whether you want to create informational videos, clips that explain your goods or services or amusing animated videos that will be shared on social media, we’ll create videos that will resonate with your existing clientele as well as your prospects.
If you want to do your own video marketing, Musselwhite Marketing can teach you how to create a video marketing strategy and implement it successfully. We offer all-inclusive digital marketing training that provides in-depth instruction about video marketing as an individual activity and video marketing’s critical role in your overall digital marketing efforts.
Whether you want experts to handle all of your digital and video marketing, or you want training that can help you improve the performance of your current marketing channels, contact Musselwhite Marketing today!