If you’re familiar with Musselwhite Marketing, you know we believe there are seven foundational pillars to digital marketing. These pillars include your:
- Online Ads
- Reviews and Testimonials
You don’t have to be a digital marketer or a business owner to understand why video is considered one of the pillars of an online marketing strategy. You simply have to think about the videos you watch on the Internet to understand the power that video has and why it can be such a powerful part of a digital marketing plan.
The Numbers Speak for Themselves
Of course, you don’t have to believe in the power of video marketing just because we think it’s one of the most powerful arrows in any digital marketer’s quiver. There’s plenty of evidence out there that demonstrates the value that video can have as it relates to your digital marketing strategy.
Here are some statistics that demonstrate how pervasive and effective video is:
- YouTube has more than one billion users, which accounts for nearly one-third of everyone who uses the Internet around the world
- Over 500 million hours of video are viewed on YouTube each and every day
- 87 percent of digital marketers already use video marketing
- When it comes to the global population’s cumulative online activity, one-third is spent consuming videos
- 85 percent of the people who use the Internet in the United States watch videos online
- According to Cisco, 17,000 hours or one million minutes of video content will be cross IP networks around the world every second by 2021
- More than 500 million people watch videos on Facebook daily
- Over 50 percent of video content is watched on mobile devices
- 92 percent of people who watch videos on a mobile device share the videos they view
- 51 percent of marketers name video as the kind of content that has the best return on investment
- Marketers using video increase revenue 49 percent quicker compared to those who don’t use video
- A whopping 64 percent of shoppers buy something after they watch a branded social video
- Social videos generate 1,200 percent more shares compared to text and images combined
- Today, people watch branded videos 258 percent more frequently on Facebook and 99 percent more often on YouTube than they used to
- Video generates a 157 percent increase in organic traffic produced by search engine results pages
- When a landing page includes a video, it’s 53 percent more likely to appear on page one of a SERP
- 46 percent of the people who view a video ad take some sort of action afterward
- Video garners two to three times more monthly visitors
- Using video in conjunction with a full-page ad increases engagement by 22 percent
Easy to Track Video Marketing
While the statistics presented above should be enough to convince you that video marketing has bankable value, it’s important for you to recognize that video is valuable in other ways, too. One of the other ways that video is valuable relates to how you can track it.
Think about the other kinds of content you use to promote your business and your goods or services. Can you tell if someone reread certain parts of your blog post? Can you identify the paragraphs that people find most interesting? Are you able to tell which statistic in an infographic is the most meaningful to viewers?
With video, you can track when people stop watching, when they view a segment more than once and how often the clip produces a conversion. Consumer tracking software like Google Analytics and apps like Smaply and Gliffy make it a cinch for you to extract a wealth of data about the effectiveness of your video marketing.
Watching a video doesn’t require a viewer to read copy or pour through an online catalog. Instead, a viewer simply has to sit back and watch the clip. For this reason, people are able to engage with video in a way they typically can’t with other types of content. With video, viewers can embed, share and comment with a simple click.
To fully engage with your audience, it’s imperative for you to include a call to action in every video you share. Whether you want people to follow you on Facebook, visit your website, share your video or something else, you need to provide a link so they can take that next step easily and immediately while it’s in the forefront of their minds.
Video is inherently versatile, making it the ideal marketing content in a wide array of instances. Are you introducing a new product? If so, you can produce a video that explains how the product should be used and the benefits it will provide.
Are you trying to build your brand’s credibility? Interview an in-house expert and post a video of the interview to prove your business is a proven thought leader in your niche. Do you want to establish trust with your target audience? Record video testimonials and share them on your website and social pages.
Would you like to make your brand seem more personable? Tell the story of an actual client who’s benefited from your goods or services in a video case study. Or, you can create a video that explains how your business came to exist and shares the back stories of the key players behind your success. Do you want to show people that you’re on the cutting edge? You can do it by creating a video that shows off the latest innovative project your team is currently working on.
See? There really isn’t a situation where video isn’t a great marketing tool.
Get in Touch with Musselwhite Marketing
If you understand the value of video marketing but aren’t sure how to incorporate it into your overall marketing strategy, we can help. Our team of experts can integrate video into your digital marketing plan seamlessly. When paired with the other six pillars of digital marketing, video can be an integral tool that can launch your business to the next level of success.
Read about our video marketing services now and schedule a discovery session with Musselwhite Marketing today.