If you’re familiar with our digital marketing agency, then you know we believe successful Internet marketing rests upon seven core pillars. Those pillars include your:
- Online ads
- Social media
- Reviews and testimonials
With content being one of the pillars of an effective marketing strategy, it only makes sense that you have a blog for your contracting business. Using a blog to share relevant information that’s meaningful to your target audience can increase the number of people who visit your website. It can also improve where your site lands in search engine results pages, increasing your site’s traffic—and your captured leads and conversions—even more.
Use Online Tools
If you’re eager to enjoy the benefits that having a blog has the potential to provide, you might want to start writing straight away. While we applaud your enthusiasm, we can pretty much guarantee that you’ll eventually encounter a time when you’ll struggle to come up with blog topics. Even copywriters who do nothing but script blogs have difficulty identifying meaningful subjects from time to time so take comfort in knowing you’re not alone if you find yourself in the same situation.
Luckily, there are plenty of online tools you can use to drum up blog topics if you can’t think of any on your own. Here are a few of them:
- Netvibes: You can create your own dashboard on Netvibes so you can monitor as many RSS feeds as you want to look for popular topics you can write about.
- Quora: This website is where millions of people go to ask and answer questions that are top of mind. You can monitor Quora to identify timely blog topics.
- Topsy: When you use Topsy, you’ll be able to search for topics across various social media platforms. You can filter your results and you can set up an email alert to get updates.
Blog Topics You Can Write about Today
Now that you know where you can look for ideas for future blog posts, it’s time to jumpstart your blog with some expertly written posts. Here are a few ideas for your contractor blog that you can write about as early as today:
- Completed projects: A blog is a great place to showcase your completed projects. Be sure to include plenty of high-quality pictures of your recent work in each post.
- Works in progress: You can also use your blog to feature the works you have in progress. Video is an effective way to show viewers how your contracting company adheres to industry best practices in every construction or remodeling project you take on.
- How-tos: Your blog is a wonderful vehicle for you to demonstrate your knowledge by sharing posts that teach people to do certain things, such as replacing a faucet or install new windows.
- Lists: You can show off your authority even more by publishing lists of the best products or tools for certain tasks, like refinishing hardwoods or hanging a door.
- Industry trends: New trends are always surfacing in your industry and you may want to write about them. Green building and energy efficiency are two of the current trends you might want to write about these days.
We Specialize in Content Marketing for Contractors
As specialists in content marketing for contractors, we offer blog creation services for contractors operating in every niche of the industry. Whether you need assistance with your content marketing or you want to outsource it altogether, we can help.Schedule a discovery session with Musselwhite Marketing now.