To kickoff 2020, our team has put together a list of our 5 top marketing tools for Insurance agents in 2020.
Unless you previously invested in a 100-foot tall neon arrow pointing directly at your place of business, odds are you’ll need actual marketing to attract new leads at some point. This is especially true in light of the fact that as of 2017 there were 1.1 million insurance agents, brokers, and service employees in the United States. Before this statistic raises any alarm, allow us to show you how you can dominate each and every one of those possible competitors.
How do I go about generating insurance leads? We’ve put together a list of 5 powerful tools that will handle much of the legwork for you. That is unless you still love door knocking in the heat of the day, in which case we don’t want to get in the way of that. Additionally, they will equip you to take the anxiety invoking word “competitors” and turn it into something with a much more positive connotation. This will be achieved by the fact that you’ll be glancing back, wondering where they are in the race. But you won’t have to worry because the dust from your feet should keep them occupied.
Marketing tool #1 – WordPress website
If you build it, they won’t come necessarily, but today a website is a basic necessity for any business (especially an insurance agency) that wants to be found online. Just having a website does not guarantee success or even being found online but you’ve got to give them something to look for and ultimately find.
Why is a website important? Because out of the next 100 people you come into contact with, statistically speaking the very best you can expect is 3 people who might be ready to do business with you or purchase what your offering. Converting 3% of 100 people does not lend itself to business success let alone financial security. What we see however, is that your wealth isn’t found in the 3% but in the untapped conversion potential of the remaining 97%.
To be clear, we know and understand that it is highly unlikely that you will fully convert the remaining 97%, but with the right presentation and focus you should be able to convert something more than just 3%! Consider that people search for insurance information, products and agents everyday. It’s up to you to be found and give them what they are looking for SO THAT the next logical step is them contacting you.
While your website isn’t the only way to be found, it can be a great way to make a first impression and let people check you out and hopefully conclude that you are the solution they are looking for. When it comes to websites, your options are almost limitless and can be overwhelming. These are just a couple of reasons why we promote, believe in and have standardized on WordPress as your content management system website. WordPress powers a full 33% of websites worldwide! A beneficial byproduct of WordPress’ popularity is the abundance and availability of myriad levels of support from designers, developers, integrators and troubleshooters at economical prices, compared to any custom built site we know of and even some of the template sites on the market today. Unlike most (if not all) template sites, if you can dream it, it can be built with WordPress.
A foundational component to you and your agency’s success in any financial services business is being found online by the right people and showing up such that they immediately find what they were searching for and gain the confidence that you are the solution they are looking for.
Whether you have a website or not right now, here’s a few questions to consider:
- How old is your website?
- Is your website up to date technically and graphically (images)?
- How much traffic is your website getting?
WordPress.org is a great idea for those who want total control over the creation of their insurance website. With a free version, these powerful platforms are trusted by big names such as Rolling Stone, Mercedes-Benz, and countless others. It would be worth upgrading to one of the paid plans if you’re hoping to take advantage of the multitude of plugins for WordPress, but the free plan does still grant you a lot of flexibility. Our company website is run through this platform, and some staff have found success through personal websites they created as well. You don’t have to be a coding genius or a computer whiz to get started, and support is available around the clock to help you go deeper if you desire to.
At Musselwhite Marketing we’ve standardized on what we feel is a rock-solid theme called Astra. When it comes to plugins, one of our favorites happens to be the best page builder available on the market, Elementor. These are just a few of the wonderful tools that we’ve brought to bear on projects for our grateful clients. Check out our portfolio here.
The Astra platform offers:
- Performance Focus
- Load is just half seconds
- Less than 50KB
- Optimized Code
- Powerful Design Options
- Header and footer options
- Sticky header
- Mega menu
- Site Layouts
- Full width
- Fluid layout
- Google fonts
- Custom fonts
- Responsive font size
- Colors and Background
- Primary header
- Above header
- Below header
- Blog layouts
- Grid layout
- List layout
- Masonry layout
- Infinite loading
- Global Design Options
- Above header content
- Above header layout
- Below header content
- Below header layout
- Flexible footer layout
Marketing tool – #2 EZLynx
Featured in such reputable publications as Rough Notes, Insurance Journal, Insurance Advocate, and Insurance Business America, EZLynx offers solutions for the modern insurance agent. As owners of one of the fastest growing management systems, and the most popular comparative rater according to a recent study by Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America’s Agency Universe, their company goal is to “make modern agencies more successful” and “help solve agent’s day-to-day issues.” Increase productivity and cut costs by having everything you need on ONE PLATFORM.
Their software was created exclusively for the insurance industry and allows your agency’s workflow to operate smoothly. Your unique needs may only require investing in an individual product, or perhaps you want the complete package to skyrocket your business into the stratosphere. EZLynx makes it easy for you to address one or all of your pain points. It can be frustrating trying to accurately manage customers through their full life cycle when you can’t view everything on one platform. With this software you have access to their comparative rater, agency management system, client servicing, accounting, eSignature, text messaging, and more all in one place. Problem solved! Whether it’s email marketing or getting real-time auto and home quotes via your agency website, this is a great solution to help you fulfill those needs.
Benefits of the Management System:
- Retain existing data
- Customer service improvement
- Business growth
- Profit tracking
- Automate your agency
- Protect client data from exposure
An efficient website is only important if you want to run your agency more efficiently (hint: IT IS SUPER IMPORTANT!). Local optimization, local reach, social reach, integration, development and hosting, custom content, editing, website analysis, and mobile friendliness are all offered through their team that has helped over 1,000 website customers.
Benefits of Agency Websites:
- Retain leads
- Increase your reach
- Make a great first impression
- Inbound marketing promotion
- Access to digital strategy experts
- Guidance from professionals
View more details here and here as well.
Receive a monthly snapshot of your agency’s overall “health” via their email Agency Pulse. These reports have been used by decision makers to directly impact their bottom line. The previous success they’ve found is available to you as well, all you have to do is jump on board!
Marketing tool – #3 LinkedIn Ads
One of our personal favorites for driving B2B business has to be the wonderful professional networking tool that is LinkedIn. Would you like to become a thought leader in the insurance industry or connect with that business professional from your recent conference? How about backing up your stellar customer reviews on Google with a visually pleasing display of your experience? The beautiful thing about this platform is that for a few minutes a day you can grow your personal/corporate brand. Scheduling posts ahead of time through social media tools like Hootsuite can further free you up to focus more on the interactions with your leads via direct messaging.
Benefits of advertising on LinkedIn include:
- Target unique audience
- With a potential pool of over 630 million active business professionals on LinkedIn, targeting by industry, job function, or title opens up paths for specific audiences to receive your ads.
- Create easy and effective ads
- Is your goal event signups, brand awareness, or leads? Whichever direction you want to go, LinkedIn Ads will help you get there more effectively.
- Control budget and costs
- Flexibility when it comes to pricing gives you control over ad spend. The size of your budget doesn’t matter, and if you’re receiving low engagement there’s an ability to stop an ad at any time.
- You can choose between CPC and CPM pricing, or take advantage of sponsored InMail and only pay when the message is delivered to their inbox.
- Boost content across devices
- One reason to advertise on LinkedIn is that it’s the most viewed professional news feed in the world. Leads can be drawn to your company promotions via custom targeted audiences on tablet, mobile, or desktop.
- Deliver personalized ads to the LinkedIn inbox
- Proven to drive more conversions than email and reach your specific audience, ads on this platform offer more value and “warm up” your cold prospects.
- Start generating leads in minutes
- Setup is easy, and the interface helps you add images, text, and a headline that will pique their curiosity.
View more information about benefits.
To get an idea of what should be included in your insurance agencies LinkedIn page, check out our profile here. Keeping up with your clients and leads on social media can take an inordinate amount of time. This is where our team of social media experts can step in with our done-for-you LinkedIn gen service. Whether it’s tracking and reporting on analytics, removing disruptive SPAM, or engaging directly with your customers to address their concerns, we want to deliver that much needed peace of mind you’re always seeking in your business. Want to learn more, click here.
Marketing tool – #4 Facebook Ads
Although the recent algorithm changes to Facebook are aimed at helping people receive less ads, the sheer number of active users on this social media site still necessitate that a portion of your marketing budget be allocated to it. An eye-opening statistic to convince you is the fact that 1.5 billion plus people use Facebook every day, and only 7 million plus advertisers are active on the platform. That equates to a large percentage of prospects that still need your services…but they may not realize it just yet. Harness Facebook ads and change that!
- Make connections that matter
- Search for customers among the 2 billion people who use Facebook every month. Once you find them, nurture that relationship to build lasting brand loyalty.
- Accomplish your specific business goals
- Your business looks completely different than your competitors or colleagues vying for customer’s attention. Tailored to your preferences, Facebook works with you to reach your goals and help raise your business to new heights.
- Tell your story beautifully on any device
- Accessible across multiple devices, designed to grab attention and drive action, and allowing creative flexibility, Facebook ad formats and Pages elevate your brand above others.
- Build an online home for your business
- Especially for a younger demographic, you’ll want to fill in every detail on your Facebook Page so people can connect with your business. Include a Facebook social button on your website to drive more traffic to this platform. You’ll want to do this because it allows more of your unique selling proposition to shine forth.
- Proactively reach new customers
- Facebook ads that are targeted and include characteristics of your ideal customer will create an opportunity for those who already love your brand to connect with your business.
- Find new ways to inspire with video
- Easily upload videos from events you’ve sponsored or charity work that you’re involved with.
View more information about benefits
Check out our Facebook page here.
Marketing tool – #5 YouTube
Unlike other sites, YouTube focuses its ability to market your company using video. What’s lacking from traditional media such as print is the ability to track how many “eyeballs” or views your dollars actually paid for. Not so for YouTube, a place where you know people are really watching when they view your ad. Real time metrics can let you know where people stopped watching so you can edit the video to increase engagement. And you get to choose just who sees your ad via targeting to increase the value of each dollar spent.
Show up at the right moment, by reaching people when they’re on the YouTube homepage or searching for specific topics. Or show your ad before a video your customers are watching, similar to a TV commercial. Create a home for your business through a YouTube channel, and make it easy for people to find your content in one place. Subscribers will regularly consume your content as it’s sent out, driving business to your company website or elsewhere. One idea for what to include is interviews your company does with your satisfied clients, building a verified brand image. Plus, check out interactive features that will encourage interested customers to take action.
- Build awareness and Ad recall
- Grow consideration and interest
- Drive action
View more information about benefits
Check out our YouTube page here.
As a hybrid-marketing agency, Musselwhite Marketing constantly reviews and evaluates different marketing tools and has the ability to deliver assistance in 7 areas that make up the pillars of digital marketing.
- Online ads
- Social media
Even after learning about all these wonderful tools, are you still feeling that realistically you wouldn’t have the time to manage them? If so, our expert team can handle the entire initial set up, deployment, and management of your next marketing campaign to help you achieve the level of success you’re seeking in the insurance industry. Click here to set up a complimentary discovery session!